Chapter 2: Tokami Riku will not be conquered

Chapter 2: Tokami Riku will not be conquered

From the time I wake up, I feel like I'm still in a dream.

The reason is, of course, because of Mimori Yui.

Confession, lovers, and... the kiss. Yesterday was like a series of every man's dreams, to the point where I started doubting if this is really the reality.

Because of that, I couldn't sleep well last night.

While holding onto the strap of the train, I let out a soft yawn... and then my phone suddenly vibrating.

It was a message from Mimori.

"Good morning. Let's do our best again today."

...Yeah, this is reality.

I'm still confused. I mean, I'm a guy who claims to be anti-romance, you know? Am I gonna be okay from now on? My house will not get burn or something like that right?

But Mimori's feelings are precious, so maybe I'll go see her during lunch break.

Arriving at the school, the first thing I did, was to look for a certain someone.

"Hey, Takahashi-kun. Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"What's up? Whoaaa... Tokami huh? What is it so sudden?"

Is it really that surprising for someone who doesn't usually talk, approach you?

"Well, I have something I want to ask... about Mimori Yui."

"Mimori?"

Takahashi-kun clearly frowned.

I know it's not a topic he wants to discuss, but I want him to bear with me. After all, I have no friends, and I don't know how people view her.

"I heard this from a Kouhai, but male students who are involved with Mimori are looked down upon by others. Has there always been someone like that?"

"Well, I haven't heard much about it lately. But there were apparently a few guys trying to get close to Mimori. After all, it's an easy chance to get some of that experience, right?"

"............And then?"

"I don't know if they were successful or not, but once everyone's know that they approach Mimori, they will get completely ignoration from girls, after all, Mimori is girls enemies. It's only natural for boys who approach her to be despised."

I recall the image of Mimori being isolated and alone in the classroom.

I see, I knew Mimori was being treated as an outcast, but I didn't realize it was to this extent. Mimori and Suzune are good hearted person, so they choose their words carefully, but in Takahashi-kun's case, it sounds raw and direct.

"So, it's better for you, not to think about weird things, okay?"

"Weird things? Like what?"

"Like trying to lose your virginity with Mimori or something. You're going to be at this school for another year or more. It's not funny to socially ruin yourself for the sake of a one-time experience."

"...I'm not thinking about that kind of stuff."

Perhaps because I felt Mimori was being ridiculed. That's why my tone became brusque.

 

During lunch break, I peeked into Mimori's classroom, and she was nowhere to be found there.

She's probably eating somewhere else. The only place that comes to my mind... is there.

So, I leave the school building, move my ass to the club building, and knock the door of the usual room she goes to.

"Mimori, want to grab a bite together if you're here?"

The door opens, and Mimori appears, half surprised and half dumbfounded.

At that moment, I could feel my body tensing up, and I knew it myself. After all, the girl who says she likes me is right in front of me. It's only natural to be nervous.

As I enter the club room, Mimori looks at me with eyes that seem to want to say something.

"Riku-kun, why did you come all the way here?"

"Well, I kinda want to.... Mimori, you look like you want to ask for something."

"It was unexpected for you to come and see me... I was planning to avoid being together with you as much as possible at school. I even planned to have lunch alone."

"Oh, is that so?"

"If our relationship gets exposed, it will cause trouble for you. That's why any hint even just millimeters or even just nanometer of our connection shouldn't be exist."

Mimori takes a step closer.

"For example, I don't want my real name, registered in your phone. And going out together as a couple is also NG. It's also better to avoid going to the convenience store together. Having a meal together is also out of question. From now on, we should act like complete strangers, to the point of 'Mimori Yui? What's that? something delicious,' kind of that." (TL: NG = No Good)

This situation feels like, I'm a husband hiding my mistress or something.

"I understand your feelings, but do we really need to go that far? I don't think there's anyone who would look at my phone anyways."

"There's always a possibility that someone might glance at it, right? We have to be cautious if there's even a slight chance... that our relationship gets exposed, you might lose your place at school. So promise me, okay?"

"Ugh... F-fine, fine. I understand. If you really insists on it."

I never expected Mimori, who always teases me, to be so desperate about this.

But what she said was true, I remember being looked down by my classmates just because I help Mimori to find her phone. So, if they find out that we're dating, I'm sure it'll be much worse than I could imagine.

"Should we go back to the classroom then? It wouldn't be good if someone saw us, right?" I proposed.

"...No, since you came all this way anyway, let's eat together. Besides, we're already couple. I want to have a meal together at school at least once."

"...Okay."

Hmm, it's embarrassing when she calls us a couple... Is Mimori enjoying my reaction with that big smile on her face?

As we sit on the bench, Mimori opens her lunchbox. Inside are, classic bento items like hamburger and tamagoyaki. It is place carefully that exudes warmth.

"Oh, your lunch looks great. It's probably the most beautiful one I've ever seen."

"Do you think so? I just reheated leftovers from last night's dinner, so I didn't put much effort into it. But I'm sincerely happy that you like it. Thank you."

...Huh? The way of the conversation, could it be...

"Could it be... you make this lunch?"

"Yeah, that's right. I usually handle the cooking."

"...Could it be your actually super talented?"

"Making a lunch is not that big deal, really."

No, that's not true. If it were up to me, I'd want to sleep for an extra five minutes in the morning. Being high school students ourselves, we understand how challenging it can be.

"But still, it feels good to receive compliments. If you'd like, you can try it?"

"Oh, really?"

I can feel my heart pounding. I never expected I'd have the chance to taste Mimori's homemade food.

--And then, I realized how much I got carried away and felt a chill down my spine. It's not surprising that Mimori is actually good person, but what am I expecting?

The reason why I'm dating Mimori is because I don't want her to casually do sexual interaction with random guys. Don't hold onto useless romantic feelings.

"...Yeah, sure. Since you made it with care, I'll gladly accept it. Should we exchange some of my side dishes for yours?"

"Don't worry about it. But promise me that you'll tell me your opinion of the taste, okay?"

"Well, if you're okay with that..."

Mimori nodded satisfied and picked up the tamagoyaki with her chopsticks...

And she brought it toward my mouth.

"What are you doing, Mimori-san?"

" You're going to try my cooking skill, right? So... here, say 'aah.'"

"...No, no. We're a couple but, that's just too embarrassing and I'm not ready for that kind of thing yet. Just let me eat it normally."

"Hmm... If that's the case, then I will not let you eat it either."

...Eehh!?

"After all, offering you my food is just an act of kindness. In the end, it's up to me whether I can give it to you or not, right?"

"Yeah, I get what you're saying, but..."

"That's why, if you doesn't say 'aah,' I could choose not to feed you. But then, that would mean breaking our promise, wouldn't it? After all, you agreed to give me your opinion on the taste."

"Wait a minute, how did it come to that!?"

Wait, her reasoning might actually valid? It's true that I promised to give her my opinion on the taste, and since the bento is her's, meaning she's free to give it to me or not.

"So, Riku-kun, you have two choices. Say 'aah' and eat my food, or refuse and break our promise. Which one do you prefer?"

Mimori had a mischievous smile on her face... and then I remembered, what she said yesterday.

'--That's why I decided. I will definitely make you fall in love with me.'

Damn it, so that's what it was...!

I was so naive. Looking back at her declaration yesterday, there was no way Mimori and I would have an ordinary relationship. I should have considered that she would have some sort of strategy to make me fall for her.

Is the food offering part is also her plan? To make a feed me situation?

But wait a minute. Mimori didn't plan to have lunch with me. That means she created this situation within just a few minutes since I arrived...?

"Riku-kun, what will you do? ...I have some confidence in my cooking, you know?"

I could feel my body temperature rising. I'm starting to see Mimori as someone from opposite sex.

It's just a verbal promise, after all. I could easily find an excuse to back out and leave things as it is.

...But wouldn't that be tarnishing Mimori's determination?

From the day onwards, Mimori will surely come up with schemes like this and try to force "couple-like actions" on me, but what if I really fall for her in future, how will I make a excuses for situation like this, without using the excuses, we're already in relationships?

The only way for me to maintain my pride here is through one thing─fighting, isn't it?

"...Uhhh, well, I guess there's no helping it since I'm the one who said it anyways. Besides, we're already lovers, so this is totally normal, right?"

With a blink, Mimori widened her eyes.

That's right, I must not falter.

With this, I won't fall in love with Mimori. I will make sure she understands that.

"Hmm, you're not running away."

"W-Well, it's not strange, is it? I'm the one who said let's date."

"Hahaha, yeah, maybe....Thanks. Well then, say 'Ahh.'"

Awkwardly opening my mouth, Mimori picked up the tamagoyaki and slowly brought it to my mouth.

The closer distance we were, the faster my heart rate goes. I want to turn my face away, but because I was saying "Ahh," I couldn't do that either.

Tamagoyaki was bought and I chewed it.

"Is it delicious?"

"...I'm surprised. You're really good at cooking."

It was so delicious, to the point where it made me forget about the tension just moments ago.

The flavor of the tamagoyaki was enhanced mainly due to the choosing of the dashi. It's already noon but the texture is still fluffy and perfect. I never expected her to make such delicious food every day.

However, Mimori stared at me intently and said,

"That's a normal feedback. I'm happy that you're praising me, but it's kind of disappointing. I thought you would be more flustered."

"Huh!? W-Well, no, no. I'm also a high school student, so I won't get flustered just because of 'Ahh.' If you want, should I try another dish? It doesn't bother me at all."

Alright! I endured it...!

How about that, Mimori? Even I, cannot be always overwhelmed.

"But, you're right. Now that I think about it, I don't really understand why 'Ahh' is embarrassing. It's just feeding someone."

"Ah, yeah. That's true. It's not really a big deal, it's just something labelled as normal couples do."

"True. If I have to say, it's like an indirect kiss, right?"

"Gu-uhhn..!" My mouth blew out.

Come to think of it, she's right. I was too nervous earlier to make that not cross on my mind. I really did put my mouth on Mimori's chopsticks...!

"But if you really don't mind, shall I give you one more 'Aah'?"

"No, it's fine! I've had enough! Mimori-san's food was amazing!"

"Why? Are indirect kisses so embarrassing to you? ...Even though we did it direct kiss yesterday."

...How can you say those words with a smile?

I guess I can't compete with this girl. She casually says such embarrassing things that makes me feel dizzy.

When it comes to this love thing, Mimori is far superior. I have no experience in relationships and I'm an inexperienced virgin, so there is no chance of me winning against someone like Mimori, who seems to be experienced with guys. If I'm a hero who has never defeated a single slime, Mimori is like a demon lord.

Defeating her is absolutely impossible.

Sorry, but I admit defeat. I was about to say that, but...

Click. The sound of the doorknob turning startled us.

Could it be someone's here?

But the door won't open easily because of the doorstopper. They will probably give up soon.... However, the sound of the knob turning continues, as if someone is forcefully open it.

Mimori made a quick decision.

"Hide, Riku-kun. If we're seen alone together, it'll be your end."

"But there's a rule in this school, that 'when the door is lock means it's getting used' right?"

"Normally, yes. But there's only one person I can think of. We need to act quickly before our relationship get discovered."

However, the room is already cramped to hide. There's a locker, but it's too small for me.... That's when Mimori pointed a place.

Mimori was pointing at a window covered with a curtain, there's a cramp space in the window that seems only one person can only pass through.

...A few seconds later, there I was, pressed against the wall.

Needless to say, I tried to escape through the window but I ended up getting stuck in it.

"Riku-kun, do you have any skills to dislocate your joints or something?"

"Mimori-san, do you think I'm Prison Break Magician?" (TL: Reference from Yoshie Shiratori.)

"Well, then there's no choice but to force it. Ready, go!"

"Ouch! Ouchouchouchouch!"

It was painful, but thanks to Mimori pushing me, I somehow managed to get out. Mimori poked her face out of the window and said,

"Well then, bye-bye. Thanks for coming today... When you ate my food, it made me feel a little excited, like we were really lovers."

She left that remark with a smile and closed the window.

I should go back to the classroom before someone sees me... I know that in my head, but I can't help but be curious about Mimori, who remained behind. So, I hid and peeked through the window to see what was happening in the room.

After a while, the door opened, and several female students entered.

They were chatting and laughing happily, but their expressions froze when they noticed Mimori quietly eating her lunch.

"M-Mimori-san? Why are you here...?"

I see. So this is how everyone sees her.

It's true that there are rumors about several guys in Mimori's background, so I can understand why they would be surprised. ...Well, I don't believe those rumors though. Mimori is the kind of girl who confesses her love to guys like me.

The girls clearly seemed intimidated, but among them, there was one student who smirked confidently.

"Wow, what a surprise. I never expected Mimori to be here. Is eating alone fun?"

She had a gyaru-like appearance—Manaka, who was in the same class as me.

In response to her sharp words, Mimori smiled softly and said,

"I had a feeling it might be you, Manaka-san. You knew that I eat here sometimes, so you came all the way here on purpose, didn't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. We just wanted to eat while having a private conversation, so we came here."

"Stop lying. You knew I was inside, and yet you forcefully entered. ...Are you that desperate to see me? If you wanted to be friends with me, you could have just said so."

"Huh...! No way! Who would be friends with a bitch like you?"

So Mimori was referring to Manaka earlier huh....

Come to think of it, Manaka hates Mimori, doesn't she?

"Anyway! ...We decided to eat here. So, why don't you just go somewhere else? We have conversations we don't want others to overhear."

Oh... I see now.

It seems that Manaka didn't come here by chance. She knew Mimori was here and purposely brought her friends along to harass her.

This situation is just... I honestly don't feel good watching it.

"Sure, go ahead. If you're fine eating in this dim room, go ahead."

Surprisingly, Mimori slowly stood up from the bench.

For a moment, Manaka looked surprised, but then she said,

"Hmm, it's surprisingly considerate of you to give up the seat to us newcomers. Are you not dissatisfied with this is or you probably have no pride left?"

"I'm not really picky to where I eat, so if you want to use it, go ahead. Besides, as you said, I'm alone anyway. I can eat whenever I want."

"I don't like that kind of attitude."

Suddenly, the tension between them became heavy.

"You're acting like you don't care about me. Are you mocking me? You took my boyfriend away, and you clearly didn't care about it, right?"

"I've been telling you, it's not like that. It's just a misunderstanding on your part--"

"You think I'll believe your words from a slut like you?"

Sh*t, how did it come to this?

The atmosphere here is like explosive. But in that moment, I found myself walking towards the clubroom door.

Oh no, I shouldn't be getting involved in this kind of troublesome matters like this.

I lightly slapped my cheek to brace myself, and as I entered the clubroom, leaving the door open.

"Oh? I thought it was open.... Hmmn? Someone's already here. Oh, Manaka from the same class, right?"

As all the female students turned their heads to me, Mimori was the only one who blinked her eyes. Well, it's understandable to react like that when the person you wanted to hide, suddenly appears.

"Tch.", Manaka clicked her tongue lightly and said,

"Another loner, huh... We're using this place now. Can't you just give up on it?"

Yeah, that's right. But I can't just back down here because it would mean leaving Mimori behind.

However, since we have to keep our relationship secret, I can't blatantly protect her. I need to find a way to handle this while pretending to be strangers... But I think it'll be okay.

Because Manaka dislikes Mimori, there's a chance that I can carefully resolve this problem by choosing right words.

"I see. My bad, my bad. I'll change the location then.... But isn't this surprising." I casually murmured the words. "I never expected you to be having lunch with Mimori-san."

"Huh?! Who would have a meal with this bitch? Being with this bitch only would ruin my virginity!"

"Is that so? I thought it was that kind of relationship since you were here in this place together."

"Shut up! I have my own reasons! Fine, everyone, let's go."

Seemingly not wanting to be seen as close with Mimori, Manaka take her friends and leave.

That's good. When anyone sees Manaka having conversations with Mimori, who she hates the most. And got misunderstood being close with her. The only way to resolve that is to quickly leave.

Before Manaka leaves, she glared at me and said, "I'm telling you, don't tell anyone that I met Mimori."

"Oh, don't worry. I don't have many friends to share that kind of information with."

I wonder if I'm disliked... Well, it's fine. I'm already used to girls find me annoying anyways. (story from my middle school.)

Now that it was just the two of us, Mimori remained expressionless and didn't say anything. Considering that Manaka and her friends is still around, Mimori can't afford to be around me, since it's gonna ruin my highschool life.

Without exchanging any parting words, we both left the room.

I thought, I was just being too meddlesome for no reason... But my phone suddenly vibrated.

Curiously, I picked it up and saw a message from Mimori.

"Riku-kun, you're too reckless. But thanks."

"...Haha."

I couldn't help but to smile when I read it.

"You're welcome." I replied.

I wonder if I managed to act somewhat like a boyfriend... No, I'm probably just getting too carried away again.


Chapter 2 Part 1 End. Open for correction.

-Support Me-

https://ko-fi.com/animestuff85370

-Visit my epub-pdf website-

https://animestuff.me/

Join on my Telegram:

https://t.me/animestuff2023

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6: Heading in the Opposite Direction Towards Hope!!

Chapter 1: Reunion 1

Chapter 2: Progress 1