Chapter 2: Tokami Riku will not be conquered 3

Chapter 2: Tokami Riku will not be conquered 3

Before heading home, we chatted casually and decided to have dinner, of course made by Mimori.

"Well then, bye-bye. It was nice to be able to spend time leisurely with you today. Normally, I wouldn't even try to make eye contact with you."

"...I'm sorry about that. You probably wanted to have normal conversations at school too."

"It's okay. It was me who suggested hiding our relationship, ...But if you're okay with it, can I make a bento for you?"

"...A bento?"

"I want to have some connection with you at school, even if it's just a little. Besides, it would give me a reason to come to your house and retrieve the lunchbox."

"Isn't that your true objective?"

"Both... Is it bothersome?"

"No, not at all. I like Mimori's cooking, and if it means more food, I'll be grateful."

"I see, ....Maybe I've found another hobby." With a gentle smile on Mimori's face, I left the apartment.

On the way home, I found myself thinking absentmindedly about the girl named Mimori. Lately, whenever I'm alone and thinking, it always revolves around that girl.

I think Mimori probably genuinely likes me.

On the other hand, I haven't really lived up to Mimori's expectations. I think she's a good person, but my feelings for her are probably different from romantic feelings.

...That's why I feel guilty for hurting Mimori.

"It must be suffocating for her."

From Mimori's perspective, our current relationship is too restrictive.

We pretend to be strangers at school, and we can only meet in places where we can be alone outside of school. That's why I think she teases me so much. She wants to cherish any time she can to spend with me.

There's a part of me that wants to somehow fulfill her sincere will.

Is there anything I can do for Mimori?

"But even if I say that, there are too many limitations between us..."

For example, even if I want to go out somewhere together, we've both agreed not to go out as a couple. If there's even a slight risk of being seen by other students, Mimori would refuse...

"Ah!"

Suddenly, an idea comes to mind.

If I could somehow ask the help of the only person who claims to be Mimori's ally—Kurusu-san—maybe things could work out.

"Can I talk to you for a moment? I have something to discuss about Mimori."

I took out my smartphone and sent a message to Kurusu-san. It was fortunate that we exchanged contact information when we first met.

Within five minutes, I received a reply saying, "Is it my turn?"

Hesitation arose, and my finger stopped.

However, it was only for a moment. I made up my mind and decided to continue it.

"What would you think if I said, I want to go on a date with Mimori?"

 

On a sunny sunday morning, many people were bustling around me. This is because this area where I am right now, was famous beach tourist spot, with attractions such as a Ferris wheel and cruise ships, as well as large-scale facilities. It's always crowded on weekends.

Normally, with this place with has enormous "riajuu aura," I wouldn't even dare to come, but this time was different.

After all, today...

"It's a beautiful day. Perfect for a date, wouldn't you say?"

At the meeting place, Kurusu-san, dressed in mature casual clothes, said with a hint of elegance.

There was still about fifteen minutes until the appointed time, so Mimori would arrive little early.

"I'm grateful to you, Kurusu-san. Thanks to you, I can meet Mimori even outside of school... That's the truth."

I couldn't hide my anxiety and found myself looking around nervously.

"Are you really sure with me being with Mimori Yui's claimant for deepening communication as part of the disciplinary committee's activities? I feel like it would be bad if other students saw us." I asked.

"Facilitating communication between students who aren't familiar with each other is one of the responsibilities of the disciplinary committee. That's why I specifically requested through the student council that you and Yui would participate in recreational activities together." Kurusu-san's said with confidence.

"Just rest assured, even if students see you, you can just use the excuse that you were asked by the disciplinary committee, and it can't be helped... But more importantly, I'm curious about you."

"Curious about me?"

"Tokami-kun, you were at the meeting place quite early, weren't you? Do you know the term 'premature,' by any chance?"

The teachers, Kurusu-san, are the one's who's disrupting the regulation. By the way, she's the head of the disciplinary committee.

"...Please understand that this kind of situation is new to me. I occasionally spend time with my Kouhai after all."

"You're nervous, aren't you? I suppose you're doing your best in your own way, Tokami-kun, ...But it's a bit surprising. You said you would never develop feelings for Yui."

"My mind is still the same. I just want her to have a little fun, that's all."

Yeah, there's no need to worry about anything.

The reason I'm dating her is that I want her to be like a normal girl you can found anywhere. That's all.

"Good morning..."

When I turned around, Mimori was there, wearing a complicated expression. She had a shoulder-dropping outerwear over her sleeveless knit. The black miniskirt suited her, and I was at a loss for words seeing her in a different appearance than usual.

Come to think of it, it's been a while since we had a conversation like this outside, remembering the time when we first met.

"Uh, yeah. Good morning. Um, where should we start first?" I asked nervously.

"Before that, could you stay still for a moment?"

Mimori rummaged through her bag and took out pitch-black sunglasses. She put them on me and then handed me a mask. Finally, she put a knit cap on my head, nodded in satisfaction, and said, "Great. Now, shall we go?"

"Great? I'm not so sure. Are we going to rob a bank or something?"

"...Because if we don't do something like this, you'll be exposed, right? If someone we know sees us--"

"Don't worry, even if we're caught, I'll protect you," And she got interrupted by Kurusu-san.

"Besides, Tokami-kun and I can't go out together frequently from now on. That's why I chose this spot, knowing the risks of being seen. You don't have to think about anything, Yui."

"...As expected, Ruka. It's reassuring to have the Disciplinary Committee chair around."

"This is the power of authority."

Mimori chuckled at Kurusu-san's words.

I watched that scene with a strange feeling. Come to think of it, it was the first time I'd seen Mimori talking and having fun with someone other than me.

"Speaking of which, you two are friends, right?"

"Well, yeah. Although we only communicate through our phones, and we've only hung out like this a few times. But she's undoubtedly the student I get along with the best at school."

"...I feel bad for Yui. Both of you can't contact with each other at school."

I see, Kurusu-san felt the same way as I did.

"Well then... Riku-kun, nice to meet you again. It's our first date, isn't it?"

"Yeah... Likewise."

...Why am I getting flustered though?

Upon Mimori's request, we decided to go to a clothing store inside the shopping mall. It's already July, so it might be the perfect time to buy summer clothes.

But I thought Mimori would be the type to spend a considerable amount of money on fashion...

"Surprisingly reasonable... I thought the cool kids in our class would be buying more expensive clothes."

As a fan of a certain clothing brand, I imagined the store to be like a different world.

"It's not like that. High school students have limited money to spend."

With a nonchalant expression, Mimori looked at the clothes in the shop.

"People who love fashion are good at styling low-priced trends. I also prefer thinking about how to create outfits while keeping the expenses down."

"I see... But there are quite expensive clothes too. This T-shirt, for example, costs 6000 yen."

In the end, Shim○ra is the most comfortable for me. It's cheap, and it's available everywhere. (TL: I don't know what's that Shim○ra brand, I tried researching about famous brands in japan but it didn't appear. Let me know as correction thou.)

Just then, Kurusu-san chimed in,

"...Is it expensive? If a T-shirt costs 6000 yen, I think it's fine."

"W-Wait, fine...? With 6000 yen, you could do 20 consecutive gacha pulls!"

"But in other stores, they cost around 20,000 yen."

"Huh?! Are you kidding me? With that much, you could do 60 consecutive gacha pulls...!"

"Why's your remarks all about mobile games?"

"Well, from my perspective, whether I can do a paid gacha once a year or not is the deciding factor. I don't have the courage to spend such precious pocket money on clothes..."

"...That's a game you can play on your smartphone, right? Riku-kun, do you like it?"

Mimori asked with an upward glance. Maybe she doesn't know much about it.

"Well, I play it quite a bit. It's nice to have some free games available on your phone after all."

"Oh, it's free. Then later, could you teach me the game you like, Riku-kun?" Mimori smiled softly. "If I do that, we can have more conversations and play together right? It might be really hard for me at first, but I want to give it a try."

"Hmm... for the sake of your boyfriend, huh?"

Kurusu-san grinned. What's with that face, saying, 'Yes, I've been enchanted you with her' thing?

After going around the stores separately, Mimori held a few pieces of clothing close to her chest.

"This should be enough. I want to try them on, so Riku-kun, will you come with me? I want to know the kind of outfits your type."

"...Yeah, sure. I'm also interested in seeing what suits you, Mimori."

Now, is the critical moment.

I expected that we would end up seeing the fitting room as soon as we entered the clothing store.

I absolutely don't see Mimori as the opposite sex.

Mimori enters the fitting room. Come to think of it, where did Kurusu-san go? I look around, but there's no sign of her. She must have escaped, being considerate...

Eventually, the curtain opens, and Mimori smiles wearing a pure white dress.

"How does this look? It's a bit pricey though."

Of course, she looks great in it.

It's not about the sense of fashion or anything like that. But Mimori in a dress is so angelic that you can't help but to admire.... However,

"Yeah, I think it's good."

"Really? ...If you say so, I'll go ahead and buy it without hesitation."

I casually reply, and Mimori closes the curtain.

Alright, how was it? I'm sure my face didn't show anything.

I've been caught off guard by Mimori many times, but if I tighten my focus, I can endure it too. When I'm starting to feel a glimmer of confidence, Mimori peeks her face out from behind the curtain.

"...? What's wrong?"

"I'm just checking around. I don't want any men other than you around."

What do you mean? Before I could say anything, the curtain opens, and for a moment, and I forget to breathe.

Mimori is there in a swimsuit.

"What...?"

"How is it? ...Does it to suit me?"

This is going too far for a surprise attack.

It's a bikini, yet the lower part is adorned with frills, giving it a cute design. The cleavage is clearly visible, and her white thighs look so soft that I want to feel them with my fingers. Everything I see is stimulating, and I find myself wanting to keep looking at her forever.

What a foolish thought. Why would there be a swimsuit in a regular clothing store anyway...? Then, I suddenly realize.

It must be because of the summer fair.

It's not surprising to have swimsuits available during this time of the year when they are promoting summer products. And she brought me into this fitting room just to show me her in a swimsuit.

"...He-hee—. It looks great on you."

"I want you to say those words while properly looking at me."

With a quick glance, Mimori is not making any effort to hide her body while smiling. It's amazing how she doesn't feel self-conscious in that kind of outfit.

"I choose this swimsuit just because I want to hear your opinion. Can you look at me? You don't get to see something like this very often, you know?"

I shouldn't feel anything special about Mimori. Why am I getting nervous?

I try to assert that to myself, but I still can't look at Mimori properly. It's unfair, she's just too strong.

"Oh, that shirt looks nice. Why don't you try it on?" Just then, a male voice comes from nearby.

Mimori hasn't even changed yet. In that moment, I reach out to close the curtain. However, Mimori grabs my hand and pulls me into the fitting room. Before I can react, she closes the curtain.

In other words... we are alone now. And Mimori is in a swimsuit.

"Mi... Mimori?! Why...!?"

"Don't make any noise, okay? We might get caught by the people outside."

Mimori's smile shows a hint of bashfulness, but she's enjoying this situation.

In the small fitting room, it's inevitable that we end up being close to each other. Just thinking about Mimori's chest being right next to me, causes my mind to go blank and causing my vocabulary to collapse. The impact is too strong, and my ability to articulate is crumbling.

If I avert my gaze, I can see Mimori's clothes neatly folded in the corner. On top of them is a white string-like fabric, probably a bra, and I instinctively turn my face away.

Don't get embarrassed. This is what she plans.

"You're being reckless all of a sudden. If I were an ordinary guy, my rationality might have snapped, and I might have attacked you."

"So, you're not ordinary, Riku-kun?"

"I'm not in love with you or anything. So I will not lay my hand on you."

"You're stubborn, Riku-kun... But right now, it's fine like this."

Mimori snuggles up to me.

"I'm glad I'm in a swimsuit. When it's against your bare skin, I can feel your warmth so clearly."

...How can she say words that make me feel embarrassed.

"Oh? Someone's using the fitting room."

Suddenly, a male voice is heard outside, and both Mimori and I hold our breath.

Please, don't let us be discovered... Gradually, the sound of footsteps moving away reaches our ears, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"It seems like we're safe now... So now, Riku-kun." Mimori speaks softly with a smile on her face. "I'll ask it once again, does this swimsuit suit me? If you say you like it, I'll seriously consider buying it."

"...I'm not just saying this to flatter you, but it really suits you from the bottom of my heart."

"Really? I'm glad. I actually liked it too."

Mimori's innocent smile brightens up.

...I was surprised when Mimori set me up, but well, it's fine. If Mimori is enjoying herself, that's the most important thing.

However, I couldn't let my guard down for the rest of the day.

...That's what I thought, but after that, there were no more surprises or schemes from Mimori. Time passed with me, Mimori, and Kurusu-san.

For example, we had tapioca drinks together.

"...These are quite delicious. The chewy texture makes it so enjoyable to drink."

"It's not bad, right? But, this trend already ended, and it's your first time trying it, Riku-kun. Weren't you curious to try it before?"

"Well, I never thought something popular among JK would suit to me..." (TL: Joshikousei = Highschool Girls)

"That's just biased, even though both you and I are high school students. By the way, have you heard of the tapioca challenge, Riku-kun?" Mimori asked. (TL: Search 'Tapioca Challenge')

"I know it well, but even though I want to see it, you don't have to do it," I said.

Another example is, we went to a general goods store together.

"Mimori, you've been looking at that cat keychain for a while. Do you like cats?"

"Yeah, I quite like them. Cats can be affectionate one moment and then turn away suddenly, right? I like that whimsical aspect."

"Oh, really?..."

"You have a complicated expression though. Are you thinking about buying it for me?"

"Um, are you an esper?" Mimori asked

"You don't have to spare your money from me... But it looks like they have a different color variation of this keychain. If you want, shall we buy a pair together?"

...Don't get embarrassed, me. It's just a pair set, nothing to make a big deal about.

For the last, We went on a cruise with Mimori.

"Hey, Ruka. Are you really sure about this? If someone from school sees you taking pictures of us, you won't be able to come up with an excuse, you know?"

"Don't worry, there weren't any high schoolers on the boat. Since you guys were in already, isn't good to have a good time taking pictures with Tokami-kun?"

"I definitely want to, of course."

"Then it's settled. Both of you, come a little closer... Tokami-kun, you have a serious expression."

It's fine. It's the first photo with Mimori, so don't be nervous. Stay calm, stay calm.

...Since the were no events like this nor Mimori's making any sign of affection, we leisurely enjoyed our time together.

It was such a fulfilling time that I thought the day was too short.

I started to worry if Mimori was actually having fun with someone like me, but Mimori kept smiling the whole time... It's a strange thing to say, but.

I couldn't help but to think, "I'm really on a date with Mimori."

 

At the plaza, it seemed like there was a festival going on, so we decided to have lunch there.

Apparently, the festival had a theme "sea," and it seemed like we could eat seafood dishes at the food stalls. The staff members were all wearing sailor uniforms, showing their high level of enthusiasm for the event.

While waiting for the food to be ready, Mimori and I sat at the table. Kurusu-san left her seat to buy drinks.

"We've walked quite a bit this morning. It's been a while since I've done something like this. Having fun with someone, it's probably been since middle school."

"Huh? Mimori hasn't? That's surprising. I had the thought that you'd be pretty good about this kind of event," I replied.

"It's not like that. I don't have any friends to begin with," Mimori said.

Those words struck a chord with me.

Oh, right. It's true. I forget about it when we're talking like this, but Mimori is isolated at school. There are rumors about her not having any morals.

"That's why I'm having so much fun with Riku-kun. I can't remember the last time I laughed this much."

"Yeah, I see. I'm glad I invited you then.

After a while, a staff girl brought the food.

"Here it is! Sorry for the wait. It's your order, the seafood sandwich!"

"Yo-soro! Wasn't that a maritime term? It's a festival, so the staff is motivated..."

...Wait a minute.

Somehow, I feel like I recognize this voice.

"Oh, that's mine. Could you bring it over here, please?"

"Yes, of course! Please enjoy your meal at your own pace! And if the customer over there has a numbered ticket, we'll be right with you."

Suddenly, the staff member stumbled over their words and stared at me. I couldn't believe it.

"...Riku-kun, what's wrong?"

I couldn't even respond properly to Mimori's question.

It was only natural for the staff member to be stunned. Because that girl was not just an acquaintance.

Unexpectedly she's my Kouhai, Futaba Suzune?

"...Senpai?"

She looked dumbfounded and was taken aback.

Whether it was the staff uniform or the marine-inspired sailor outfit, I would normally think she's cute with those. But right now, I couldn't afford to have such composure.

Out of all the people I know, why did it have to be Suzune...!

"What a coincidence. I didn't know Suzune was working here."

As if it were a reflex, Suzune absentmindedly replied,

"Yes, Father's Day is coming up soon. I was looking for a part-time job, and I found this festival offering a one-day position..."

'--Alright. Since I'm already here, I'll save up some more money and give it another try!'

She mentioned it before... But still, meeting like this, it's not normal!

"Anyway, why are you... with Mimori-san, senpai?"

"Ah, um...!"

As I wiped away cold sweat and glanced at Mimori, he had a pained expression and remained silent. Indeed, in this situation, it was highly likely that Mimori trying to explain would only give misunderstanding.

If that's the case, I have to do something...!

"Suzune, there's a reason for this—"

"It's part of the disciplinary committee's activities. I apologize if I caused any misunderstanding."

We turned towards the source of the voice.

It was Kurusu-san, holding a drink. Suzune widened her eyes and exclaimed,

"K-Kurusu-san!? Why is the chairman of disciplinary committee here...?"

"...? Suzune, you know her?"

"Yes, of course. Even first-years know about her. She's an excellent disciplinary committee chairperson after all."

Kurusu-san, with a composed expression, handed drinks to me and Mimori, saying,

"Here you go. At Sakurazaki High School, we organize recreational activities to interact with students who are having difficulty fitting in. Tokami-kun and Mimori-san are participating in those activities."

"Re... Recreation?"

"We have permission from the student council. Here's the approval document."

Suzune gazed at the paper Kurusu-san took and added, "So, senpai and Mimori-san are...?"

"We were randomly chosen. There's no other reason."

"I see... That's a relief!"

Suzune slumped down.

"Su-suzune?"

"I thought my heart would stopped... I-I mean, I thought you and Mimori-san were... Ah, no, never mind! It's nothing, please forget about it!"

...Well, I can understand what Suzune was trying to say.

In short, she misunderstood that I and Mimori were together for that purpose. Considering the rumors about Mimori, it would be natural for her to think that way.

"But wait a moment. If it's a recreational activity, does that mean you'll be together in the afternoon too...?"

"Well, it might turn out that way. We're doing it to foster friendship," Kurusu-san replied.

"Suzune-san, right? You're Tokami-kun's kouhai? I won't ask what you were worried about, but rest assured. I'll be there as a supervisor by your side," Kurusu-san assured.

"..."

Suzune stared intently at Mimori, who had been silent since earlier. Her expression was unusually stern, indicating that she had something on her mind.

Eventually, she stood up, brushed off the sand from her marine-inspired skirt, and said,

"Um... If it's alright, can I also participate in that recreational activity?"

"..."

Both Kurusu-san and I got in surprise.

"But, Suzune, weren't you working here as a part-time job?" I asked.

"It's okay. It will be over soon! However, I have to go out for a family dinner in the evening, so I need to be back home before that late afternoon," Suzune explained.

"But, you know? This is part of the committee's activities, we're not gonna have fun."

"I know that! But I want to get to know Mimori-san better! There are various rumors about her, after all..." Suzune expressed her eagerness.

"Is the rumor about the promiscuous? Can you explain it to me specifically?"

"Huh? ....Um, about doing something naughty with guys..."

"I can't hear you clearly. Can you adjust your voice loudly?"

....My pure and undefiled junior is getting contaminated by the disciplinary chair.

"Anyway, it's not a good rumor! I haven't been involved with anyone like that before... for the sake of public... public order and decency..." With a low voice.

Perhaps she meant public order and decency...

"For the sake of public... I mean, I want to see what kind of student Mimori-san, the troublemaker, really is!" In the end Suzune couldn't say it clearly.

When I looked at Kurusu-san, she seemed to be giving me a gaze, "What's going on?" Even though encountering someone we know was anticipated, Suzune probably didn't expect me to be with Mimori.

I'm sure she's just worried about me.

For Suzune, Mimori is a troublemaker who sleeps around with anyone. If I were to be tempted by such a girl and end up falling in love and deceived... She probably wants to prevent that from happening by keeping an eye on us.

However, the original purpose was to go on a date with Mimori. But considering the official pretext of it being a committee activity, there was no reason to reject Suzune's wish to participate...

"I'm fine with it. If Suzune-chan wants to join, that's okay too."

I couldn't believe my ears.

I never expected Mimori to be the first one to accept.

"After all, this activity is for people who have just met to become friends. Is that okay with you too, Tokami-kun?"

"Well, if you says so..."

"Then it's settled. Nice to meet you, Suzune-chan."

"Um... Yes. Nice to meet you too."

Like a small animal, Suzune bowed her head shyly.


Chapter 2 Part 3 End. Open for correction.

-Support Me-

https://ko-fi.com/animestuff85370

-Visit my epub-pdf website-

https://animestuff.me/

Join on my Telegram:

https://t.me/animestuff2023

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6: Heading in the Opposite Direction Towards Hope!!

Chapter 1: Reunion 1

Chapter 2: Progress 1