Chapter 3: Daily Life 1

Chapter 3: Daily Life

"Kuromine-kun, it's morning! Hey!"

My body is getting shaken by a someone with a gentle voice. As my consciousness gradually returns, I open my eyes, and vaguely see Hoshimiya's face.

She looks down at me, her expression a mix of a slight smile and kindness.

Ah... it's time for school already.

I instinctively resist, wanting to stay in bed.

I close my eyes again, surrendering myself to my body desire.

"Kuromine-kun...? It's morning, you need to wake up."

"...Then give me a wake-up kiss."

"Huh...?!"

"I'll wake up if you do."

Three days ago, I started teasing Hoshimiya and making her flustered like this, then she would scold me while telling me to stop saying strange things.

By the way, her waking up method is getting more intense when she's flustered.

But this time, there's no reaction at all.

Feeling something different from usual, I cautiously open my eyes to check.

"Um... about that..."

There, I saw Hoshimiya's flushed face with embarrassment and agitation.

'Huh? Her reaction feels different, somehow.'

The surroundings are completely unfamiliar. This isn't Hoshimiya's room. The ceiling and walls are unfamiliar... Oh, sh*t. This is... Soeda-san's house!

"Hoshimiya! That isn't what you think!"

Realizing the situation, drowsiness vanishes in an instant. I quickly sit up.

"Sorry, I was half asleep!"

"N-No, Kuromine-kun... We've only known each other for two days...!"

"It's not what you think! I mistook it for the past...!"

"Mistook it for the past? Does that mean you asked other girls for a w-wake-up k-k-kiss?"

She seems embarrassed even mentioning it. Her voice trembles slightly.

In the back of my mind, I thought, "That's like her," but I struggle with how to explain.

"Well, yeah... Not other girls, per se... Uh..."

"I see, I understand, Kuromine-kun. You're handsome so,"

"Hoshimiya?"

"Breakfast will be ready soon... Come downstairs."

Hoshimiya avoids making eye contact with me and quickly gets up, leaving the room.

Her aura was like a girl in tears who witnessed her boyfriend cheating.

"This is bad... That was pretty awkward."

This the first morning after I made up my mind to be in a relationship with Hoshimiya again.

But, it immediately ended up with a unexpected accident.

◇ ◇ ◇

Breakfast time arrived, and the four of us gathered around the table, same as last night. Kana, sitting next to me, silently ate her meal and occasionally expressed satisfaction, saying, "Mmm, it's delicious."

"Riku-kun, did you sleep well last night?"

"Yes."

"I see, I see."

Soeda-san softened her gaze and nodded happily. I wonder if grandmothers enjoy young people's reactions...? I also have a grandmother, but...

"U-um, Kuromine-kun, do you... want seconds for rice?"

Hoshimiya noticed the empty rice bowl and asked hesitantly, her attitude now completely shy, a complete different compared to yesterday. The incident with the "wake-up kiss" from this morning still lingers.

"Yes, please."

I hand the rice bowl to Hoshimiya, and our fingertips touch.

"Ah..."

"...? Ayana?"

"No.... I'm fine."

"....Really?"

Kana was concerned about Hoshimiya, who let out an weird voice.

Hoshimiya clumsily served rice into the bowl, moving like a robot.

...Geez, it's just our fingertips touching, and yet it feels so exaggerated... Damn it, my heart won't calm down.

I find myself staring at my own right hand that touched Hoshimiya's fingertips, feeling restless.

I kinda want to run away right now and scream.

"Kuromine-kun... here you go."

"Th-thanks."

Both of us avoid looking at each other's faces while passing the rice bowls on the table.

Since we are looking away, we didn't notice our hands... Once again, our fingers touch as I reach for the rice bowl.

"Ah!"

"Ayana? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine, I'm fine!"

"Hmm? By the way, Riku, your face is also red?"

"I-it's just... my usual thing."

"If you're always this red, you might get sick. And your way of speaking seems forced..."

Kana's inquisitive gaze is fixated on us, but I ignore it and devour the rice in my bowl.

...What's going on? I'm acting really weird.

During our time living together at Hoshimiya's place, our hands already accidentally touched multiple times.

Of course, Hoshimiya showed a flustered reaction, but at that time, I was only slightly unsettled... It didn't shake me as much as it does now.

I look at my right hand's fingers that touched Hoshimiya's once again.

I could feel a faint warmth lingering on them.

◆◆◆

"There's something wrong with me," I thought as I rolled around the floor of my room after the breakfast.

This feeling of discomfort with my senses isn't something new. It started not long ago, when I decided to meet Hoshimiya and parted ways with Haruno.

Everything I see feels so clear like crystal, as if a fog has lifted.

"Kuromine-kun, I brought your change of clothes," I heard her voice, and when I sat up, Hoshimiya was standing at the entrance of the room.

She was holding several folded clothes in her hands.

I didn't noticed she come in since the door was left open.

"Something's weird...."

"Huh?"

I tilted my head at her bashful response.

"We've never really talked before, right? That's why being here like this feels like a dream..."

"............"

An agonizing pain pierced my chest, and I instinctively pressed my hand against it.

"Kuromine-kun?"

"It's nothing. By the way, are there only old guys here in the countryside?"

"Old guys...? Well, it sounds biased, but I guess there are some. But there are also people around my age, strong boys, for example."

"What...?!"

Could it be that a love romance unfolded with another guy while I wasn't around?

Well, if he can make Hoshimiya happy... No, I can't accept that.

"W-What kind of guy is he?"

I gulp and ask with a prayerful feeling.

Hoshimiya smiles and replies casually, "I don't know much besides him being strong. We've never talked; I've only seen him from afar."

I breathe a sigh of relief. That's a relief...

Feeling a bit more at ease, I decide to apologize again for what happened this morning.

"About this morning... I'm really sorry. I just said something weird, mistaking it for a dream."

"I see, I see... Well, you're kinda handsome so I thought maybe you're the type of guy that like to flirt around."

"I'm not like that. Even if I wanted to, I can't."

"Really? Then... how many girls have you dated so far?"

Is she assuming that I've dated someone before?

"One... no, two."

Since I dated Haruno and dated Hoshimiya, it's a total of two.

Upon hearing my response, Hoshimiya seems shocked and leans back as if taken aback.

"You're more active than I thought...!"

"N-No, it's not like I've been playing around with just anyone..."

"When did you dated those girls?"

"Quite recently... I think it was around the second year of high school."

"You're changing girlfriends so quickly...!"

Once again, Hoshimiya seems shocked and taken aback. It's true, but it's not what she thinks!

I want to say something, but I don't know how it will affect Hoshimiya, so I can't.

Even if I were to say it, I should choose the right timing.

"You really seem popular, Kuromine-kun..."

"It's not like that, though."

One of the two people you're talking about is you.

"Haha... Sorry, I reacted to your love life even though we're not dating..."

"It's fine, really."

"For some reason, I can't help but be curious about you, Kuromine-kun... Uh, I-I mean, not in a weird way!"

Her voice becomes agitated, and she desperately tries to cover it up. Hoshimiya is cute in her own way. I want to confess to her right now.

"W-Well then... See you later!"

Hoshimiya turns her back to me and hurriedly leaves.

...Um, at least leave the change of clothes behind.

I'm still in my pajamas.

◆◆◆

After chasing her, I got back the clothes and returned to my room to change again. It's an easy outfit, just a shirt and shorts. The size fits well.

"Hey, Riku. What happened with Ayana?"

"....Don't just show up out of nowhere."

"Huh? Leaving the door open is your fault, right?"

Kana, showing an insolent attitude, enters the room without hesitation. She doesn't seem like a helpful ally.

"Hey, what happened between you and Ayana? You two look awfully awkward."

"Well..."

"Tell me about it, I'm ally."

Since there's nothing particularly to hide, I told her what happened this morning.

Listening attentively, Kana remarks...

"Riku, I didn't know you're creep."

"Ugh!"

"Wake-up kiss...? I know you wanted to tease Ayana, but still."

"I know... I'm reflecting on it."

"Well, I didn't predicted this but, what should we do?"

Both of us put our heads together, pondering.

Then a third person joins us.

"Hey, can I talk to you both for a moment?"

"Huh, Ayana?"

The voice from the door was Hoshimiya.

...I should probably develop a habit of closing the door. I've lived alone until now, so I never thought about closing doors. There was a time when I lived with Haruno, but we were completely open with each other, so it's natural that I got used not closing them.

"I'm going to weed grass on the garden now. Come to the garden, if you need anything."

"Weeding? Ayana is as diligent as ever... Oh, wait. Let me help."

"Are you sure? Kana, you don't like doing that kind of stuff, right?"

"Well, we owe you, so we should do something like this. Right, Riku?"

"Me?"

As I hesitate to reply, I'm lightly nudged with an elbow. It's a signal to go ahead and help.

"Alright, I'll help too."

"Kuromine-kun too... Thank you both of you. Well then, when you're ready, come downstairs."

That seems to be all she wanted to say, as Hoshimiya quickly leave out of the room.

Weeding the garden... I've never done it before.

"This is a chance, Riku. Experience something together with Ayana, no matter what it is, and get closer to her."

"Right!"

Even though it's weeding, I'll do my best to show Hoshimiya the good side of me. I'll make up for this morning's blunder.

◆◆◆

"This looks like it'll take a whole day, doesn't it?"

"I... I might not be able to do this after all."

As we go outside, we are shocked to see the disastrous state of the garden. So we changed into long-sleeved jerseys and pants.

Short grasses line the edges of the house, and a carpet of weeds covers the entire garden. Some short, tree-like plants are also in there.

Out of curiosity, I decide to explore the garden and take a closer look one by one.

There are rocks that seem to have been placed to improve the garden's appearance, but they are now covered with grass that reaches my until my knee.

In one corner of the garden, there remain trace of a small pond, which might have once housed some Koi fish. However, there are no fish now, just dry and withered grass.

"Soeda-san, am I really weird? It isn't look strange?"

"There's nothing weird about you. I guess you look weird today, since you usually never care about your appearance."

Their conversation is carried by the wind, and I turn my face in that direction, spotting Hoshimiya peeking out from around the corner.

Or rather, she's being gently pushed out by Soeda-san.

"Ah... Kuromine-kun..."

Our eyes meet, and Hoshimiya shyly looks down. She seems to be conscious of her outfit.

There's nothing strange about it; she looks extremely cute.

Hoshimiya was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with a denim jumpsuit - a salopette, I guess. Straw hat, and wrapping a towel around her neck. Most of it seems to be for protection against the hot sun.

It's an outfit that looks like it belongs to someone doing agricultural work...

It seemed quite different from the gal style she usually look at school.

But knowing her true personality, it actually seems to suit her.

In fact, it looks really cute on her. The way she acts shy and fidgety can absolutely resonates every guy's heart.

I'm happy to see this new side of her.

"Riku, this is also an opportunity."

"Huh?"

Kana, who somehow came close to me, whispers.

"Ayana is worried about how you see her. If you compliment her now, you can get closer to her."

"Even if she's worried, anyone can see she's cute, right?"

"If you think so, then tell her."

With those words, Kana steps away from me and starts observing the situation.

Instead, Hoshimiya awkwardly walks towards me, stopping about three steps away with a strange tension lingering between us.

"Haha... It's weird, right? This outfit doesn't suit me, probably...."

She smiles with a hint of uncertainty.

'That's not true.' I try to express what I'm thinking in the same lighthearted manner as before.

"I-it-it's... uuh...."

"Kuromine-kun?"

"Uh, ah... ahh...."

Cute. That's what I was going to say, but suddenly my whole body becomes warm.

My heart starts pounding, and my mind goes blank.

This is... nervousness. It's mixed with embarrassment...

Seeing Hoshimiya looking puzzled and doubtful, I become even more anxious, ' Ugh sh*t, I need to say something.'

"Ugh... Anyway, it's not weird."

"Really?"

"Yeah... Actually... I-I think you're cute."

"Um, thank you."

Hoshimiya blushes and shyly scratches her cheek.

I, too, feel restless with inexplicable emotions.

I can't help but feel a sense of discomfort with myself for not being able to say "cute" properly.

In the past, I used to say it without hesitation...

Like on the day when I went to the movies with Hoshimiya for the first time, I casually said "cute" when I saw her in her casual clothes. It's strange... I'm bewildered by the changes in myself.

As I watch Hoshimiya getting the tools from Soeda-san, Kana approaches me.

"Riku, you're acting unusual...."

"It's just... something feels different."

"Different?"

"I can't put it into words, but my feelings are becoming more real."

"Huh? What's that even supposed to mean? Make it straightforward."

"I told you I can't explain it. I don't even fully understand it myself. It's been like this for a while now..."

Damn it, I don't have time to worry about myself! There's no time to act weird.

"Huh?!"

"Huh? What?"

I suddenly notice Kana's appearance next to me (Kana has a Yankii-like look, as if she's about to say 'You wanna die or something?').

"Is that your school's jersey?"

"I got it myself, so what?"

"It's kinda plain.... Good! It complements Hoshimiya well."

"Do you want me to beat you up, you idiot Riku?"

*Thump*

.

.

.

She punched me in the left rib.


This Chapter might take 6-7 parts. Same as Chapter 4. I plan on finishing this and Mimori this month, and update the isekai once a week at the next school year. Ko-Fi below.

-Support Me-

https://ko-fi.com/animestuff85370

-Visit my epub-pdf website-

https://animestuff.me/

Join on my Telegram:

https://t.me/animestuff2023

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6: Heading in the Opposite Direction Towards Hope!!

Chapter 1: Reunion 1

Chapter 2: Progress 1