Chapter 3: Mimori Yui and Tokami Riku wants to get closer 3

Chapter 3: Mimori Yui and Tokami Riku wants to get closer 3

Mimori said "we should break up," and the truth about Mimori's rumors.

Thinking about such things all the time, I couldn't sleep properly last night. Because of it, it taken a affect in my body, making it more harder to go to school.

Especially in the morning, before the class starts, I can hear some conversations because my seat is in the middle.

"Seriously, I can't stand with guys who have ulterior motives. The guys only wanted to do indecent things when they're not even lovers. The first time should be with someone special, right?"

Several female students respond with nods and agrees to Manaka's words. Each time, their glances pierce through me, forcing me to gaze out of the window.

It felt like I was being publicly executed.

Other students gossip about me with a mix of disgust and curiosity, but in Manaka's case, there seems to be genuine hatred behind her words. Otherwise, she wouldn't be badmouthing me with such a loud voice, audible enough for me to hear.

What's even more annoying is that Manaka and the others believe that her words are the truth.

Maybe because she thought her claims she believes in are the truth, so she's already declaring me as impure, even though I, the person haven't experienced it.

During lunch break or short breaks, I can escape to them with ease but, morning is always the worst and painful times in this room.

'Is the teacher still not here? Please start the class already.'

Quietly praying in my mind, the door opens... but my expectations are betrayed.

"Hey, everyone. Listen up. Your teacher from Japanese Class said, you should study on our own for about 10-mins, because the print-out's we're supposed to use got lost." A single male student announced.

...Are you serious.

While everyone around me celebrates, I can only feel disappointment and dumbfounded emotions. Are you saying that this suffering will last for another ten minutes?

Someone in the classroom speaks to the guy who brought the news.

"Well, Shiramine-sensei is quite old, isn't she? Maybe she's not good with printers."

"I thought that too, but Kurusu-san, the student disciplinary chair is with her, right? She was helping her, so it'll probably be fine. I'm not sure if it's part of her duties or something, though."

The classroom gradually filled with chatter and noise. Of course, Manaka's conversation reaches my ears involuntarily.

"Seriously, the idea of finishing your first time with Mimori is just so gross. Do you really want to graduate from being a virgin? It's the worst, that kind of thing."

Enough, I'm fed up.

*Sigh*, I let out a deep sigh. I couldn't take this anymore. It would be better to skip class; it's far more painful here than getting called out by the teachers. So, I stand up from my seat...

"Hmm, I didn't know that... Manaka-san, is surprisingly innocent."

That sweet and innocent voice sent a chill down my spine.

It wasn't just me; everyone fell silent at the girl's words, and the classroom was wrapped in an uncomfortable stillness.

Why's Mimori here, in the middle of the class, during a lesson, in my classroom?

"...Mi-Mimori."

Manaka's face stiffens. On the other hand, Mimori wears a relaxed smile.

This never cross my mind, the Mimori who never interfered with others is now talking to Manaka, exposing herself for the attention.

"What's wrong? You seemed so cheerful just a moment ago, and now you seem tense... Is it really that surprising to see me here?"

"...Huh? What's with that attitude, trying to pick a fight? Besides, why's a slut like you here? You're so annoying."

"I didn't want to get involved with someone like you, Manaka-san. But you've been causing trouble, and I can't let that slide. I need at least one complaint; otherwise, I won't be satisfied."

Mimori sits at my desk and looks down at Manaka. It sends shivers down my spine to see that smile.

What is she planning to do?

"Regarding the rumors about me and this Tokami-kun. You're the one who spread this guy's picture taken outside my apartment, aren't you?"

"Well, yeah, so what? It's not like I care if people called me nuisance. It's natural for them to badmouth you anyways; since you let Tokami have some fun, right?"

"...Manaka-san, you're really naive. Shouldn't you think about it more?"

"What?! Are you underestimating me?!"

"Because that rumor is completely wrong."

Wait, is she going to reveal our relationship here?

But I can't believe that Mimori, who protected it all this time, is now willing exposed it herself....

"When you say you 'let Tokigami have some fun,' it sounds like he asked it for it, but it was actually me who invited him, because I wanted him to have some fun."

"--Huh?"

Unintentionally, a voice slips from my lips.

The classroom now is filled with commotion. "Wait, this is different from what we heard." I can hear voices here and there expressing confusion.

"Because Tokami-kun's face was quite attractive to me. He seem wasn't very experienced with girls, and I thought his innocence and cuteness were charming. So, I invited him to come over to my place."

Mimori grinned as if she were a mistress in a T.V. drama.

With each word Mimori speaks, my restlessness intensifies, and the sound of my heartbeat grows louder.

"I think Tokami-kun had some idea too... He got scared at the last moment and went home. It's quite disappointing, you know? I thought he knows my rumors."

"What...! Why are you saying it like that! Are you crazy for just wanting to sleep with someone you took a liking to?!"

"Manaka-san, despite your appearance, you're quite serious, huh? I mean, it's none of your business who I sleep with. ...Or is it that you're still holding a grudge because your boyfriend got stolen?"

"--! You bastard, you bitch!!"

Screams and angry shouts echoed throughout the classroom.

Manaka kicked the chair away and lunged at Mimori. As the guys stopped her, but she still continued to verbally abuse Mimori. However, Mimori had a composed smile on her face.

While absentmindedly observing that scene, I muttered to myself, "Ah, I see... so that's the plan."

Just like always, Mimori always protects me, no matter what. With this, she could pretend that I was victim while hiding our relationship. In short all blame would go to Mimori, who tempted me, and I would merely be caught up in it. By using the rumors of her circulating in this school, it would be effortless for Mimori to create such situation.

Provoking Manaka was probably intentional as well. If those around me realize that they did bad things towards others, they would lose interest in it.

Even with this situation, self-study could work on Mimori's advantage. Since all the students are watching, the fact that I am innocent will become widely known in an instant. Judging from what the male student said earlier, he probably received cooperation from Kurusu-san.

This is Mimori's way of taking responsibility, I see. It's undoubtedly a perfect move, except for one thing,

Mimori, what will happen to you?

Are you going to be even hated and isolated than before?

Why do you hurt yourself so much to protect me?

"If only Tokami-kun admitted nothing happened in the beginning, it would be more easier to him. Oh maybe he got afraid saying it because he ran away. So that's it, that's reason why I came. It's annoying to be gossiped about things that didn't even happen."

"What!? Don't you dare say that, you who's always fooling around!"

Right after that, Shiramine-sensei opened the classroom door. Probably, the commotion was audible from outside. Shiramine-sensei looked nervous.

Mimori left the classroom without even sparing a glance at me.

"Um, everyone, please be quiet. Let's start the class."

Despite the teacher's warning, the murmurs in the classroom still didn't subsided. While Manaka, with a contorted face full of anger, was being calmed down by her friends.

Amidst all that, I was the only one left in a daze.

Surprisingly, I felt neither anger nor sadness. There was only a profound sense of loss.

What I did realize was that I no longer needed to endure the rumors surrounding me. And... Mimori had chosen a path where others would look down on her for my sake.

After that point, I don't remember much.

The consciousness felt hazy, like I was dreaming, and before I knew it, both classes and the closing ceremony were over. The students around me were talking about Mimori non-stop—disgust, curiosity, insults, and jealousy. Those words reached my ears.

As I slowly packed my textbook into my bag, a male student's voice came from nearby.

"Hey, Tokami... I-I'm sorry about what happened before."

It was Takahashi-kun. He had a wry smile on his face as he apologetically clasped his hands together.

"Well, I can understand your feelings too. Running away right before the big event is something I'd be too embarrassed to admit too... But, you know, it's good that the misunderstanding was cleared up."

I didn't really care about any of that.

Without looking at Takahashi-kun, I continued preparing to head home. Did he think something was strange about my behavior? Takahashi-kun fell silent... but then.

"Oh, I see...." he spoke again with a cheerful tone as if he realize something. "Come to think of it, You've been asking about Mimori various things for quite some time... If that's the case, I feel sorry for you. It seems like Mimori doesn't have any special feelings for you."

I didn't understand what he was talking about, nor did I have any interest.

As I was about to stand up... Takahashi-kun muttered something half-jokingly under his breath.

"Could it be that you... you, had a crush on Mimori?"

I couldn't move a single finger.

"Hey... What's really going on with you?"

Normally, I would instantly deny such a question. However, strangely, those words settled in my heart.

I see... I just didn't realize it.

I admonished myself not to fall for anyone. I was afraid that if I fell for someone, It wouldn't be reciprocated, and the memories of the past would crush me.

But is that really the case?

Why do I feel so empty after breaking up with Mimori?

Why am I getting hurt because of her situation?

I must have already... fallen for Mimori.

"Ugh, damn it! What the hell is with that bitch! She really pisses me off!"

I heard Manaka's voice nearby. She must have been yelling like that all day. She probably didn't even notice the exasperated expressions on her friends' faces.

"I won't forgive her! This time, I'll gather evidence of her slutty behavior and make her apologize. She's just a slut who sleeps around with guys all the time, right? A crazy-headed girl like her should just disappear—" (TL: Is slutty the right word?)

"You're so noisy, Manaka."

Manaka's voice, disparaging Mimori, fell silent.

"I don't mind if you don't like Mimori. But don't say things like 'slut' or 'crazy-headed.' Frankly, it's unpleasant to hear," I said calmly.

I could feel something hot bubbling inside my chest.

With a vacant expression, Manaka looked at me. Naturally, there was no one in this classroom who would support Mimori. I must appear like an outsider to them.

But I didn't care.

Right now, I wanted to let myself be consumed by this anger.

"I'm sick of you guys making baseless claims about Mimori sleeping with any guy she likes. Is there even a single person in this school who has slept with her? No, there isn't, because Mimori has rejected every male student's advances."

"Huh? Why are you defending Mimori anyways?"

Manaka's expression was filled with irritation.

"Come to think of it, didn't you have a conversation with Mimori a while back? ...Could it be that you're happy because she was nice to you? Considering an unpopular guy like you, it wouldn't be surprising if you misunderstood and thought she'd let you have a go."

Other students noticed the tense atmosphere and looked at us from a distance, speechless.

The tension between Manaka and me permeated the classroom, making it quiet.

"By the way, Mimori hasn't denied the rumors herself, right? If they were all lies, I think she would clearly deny them... After all, She's used item."

I clenched my teeth so hard that it made a grinding sound.

I wonder what kind of expression I had on my face in this moment. Manaka grinned and continued,

"With so many nasty rumors floating around, it's only natural to think that Mimori has some guilty secrets, right? Too bad, maybe you're disappointed?"

I shouted from the depths of my heart.

"Yeah, it hurts—it hurts so damn much!"

Manaka fell silent as if struck by my outburst.

"Whether Mimori is a virgin or not, or whether she has been with other guys without being in a relationship, I don't know anything about that. But if that's true, it hurts so much it like it's getting torn apart!"

Of course, it would hurt.

Because I... I care about Mimori so much.

"But you know, despite all that, Mimori is such a kind person!"

My voice echoed in the silent classroom.

"Let me tell you this, we we're hiding our relationship all this time, you know why? Just because I wouldn't be isolated like I do now. That person also feels loneliness too, even though she wanted to talk to me normally at school, she's pretending to be someone else all the time, just for me! Even just a while ago, she covered all of it by admitting she invited me!"

All of my feelings I couldn't say back then, I'm going to let it all out here.

"And you know what? Her smile is really cute, but she's pretending unfriendly at school. She's devoted person who can make you feel happy just being with her and you guys talk about her like she lacks morals, she's a pure girl who would make lunch for the person she likes. Hey, did Mimori do something to you? Did she do anything to hurt you? Everyone—why don't you try to understand her...?"

The scene of Mimori and me together, which no one else sees anymore. The club room during lunch break that no one uses. A room in the tall but beautiful apartment. The sunset view from the Ferris wheel besides the sea. The disciplinary room where she told to break up.

For some reason, the memories of being alone with Mimori are burned into my mind and won't fade away.

"To you all, Mimori might be someone who sleeps around with anyone. But let me tell you something..."

Staring at my dumbfounded classmates, I make up my mind and declare.

"I want to be with Mimori. I won't forgive anyone who mocks her!"

Mimori, Manaka, Takahashi, and everyone else—they all remained silent, saying nothing.

I grabbed my bag and started walking, with students making way for me, avoiding my path. I said what I needed to say, and how they take it is up to them.

Right now, all I wanted was to see her.

With that in mind, I walked through the corridor and suddenly stopped.

There was a female student in the courtyard below the window. Ah, that's right. Mimori often used the courtyard when heading home.

There she was, looking up at me with a melancholic expression.

Perhaps she had been looking at my classroom. When our eyes met, Mimori's face showed surprise, and she seemed like she wanted to turn away.

Ah, so she really intends to cut off our relationship, Huh.

Just as I thought that, I placed my foot on the window frame and leaned out. The wind gently brushed against my cheeks. Sensing something unusual, I heard a murmur of students from behind.

Every time I gazed at Mimori from the window, I always thought the same thing.

Even though I couldn't muster the courage to call out to her or even wave my hand—it would be great if I could overcome this distance and go see her.

"Mimori!"

I kicked the window frame and jumped from the second-floor building.

As the gravity pulled me, I landed on my feet, and the impact almost made me lose consciousness. But somewhere in my heart, I was impressed by the fact that humans are incredible; even from such a considerable height, they can still survive.

And there, right in front of me, was Mimori, staring at me in shock.

Mimori rushed towards me in a fluster. I wanted to run to her too, but my feet felt scorching hot, making it seem impossible.

"R-Riku-kun...?"

"I'm glad. I guess, you've stopped pretending to be someone else now."

"In a situation like this, no one can just ignore it. Why did you jump?"

"Well... I guess... I just wanted to see you."

"Does it hurt?"

"It hurts so much that I want to cry."

"You know what? Riku-kun, you're really stupid."

"Yeah, maybe I am."

A small smile appeared on Mimori's lips. Good, she finally smiled.

When I looked around, many students were peering down from the windows of the school building.

"By the way, I just told everyone in the class not to mock you... I'm sorry. Even though you went as far as to act and defend me, I ruined it."

"Huh... Why'd you that? then you'll end up like me, Riku-kun."

"I'd rather break up with you than see you hurt. If you're going to get hurt, I want to share that pain too. Even if I lose my place in this school, it's fine as long as I have a place next to you."

"Riku-kun..."

Mimori's eyes, at a loss for words, tremble as if tears are about to spill.

"You know, I don't know anything about you, Mimori. Why you don't deny the rumors or what happened in the past. I've struggled with your secrets and all, but still, I want to be with you. I want to know more about you... That's why..."

I gaze straight into Mimori's eyes.

"But there's something I must tell you. Something I can only say now since we've already broked up. It's something I couldn't bring myself to say not long ago... It reminds me of the day when you first confessed to me."

From somewhere, I felt the sweet aroma of donuts in the air.

"I love you, Mimori... Please go out with me again."

Feeling the embarrassment, the world seems like stop for a second. Remembering the word "I love you" there's part of me wants to run away, but it was worth it that I told her. Because, right now, the master teaser Mimori── is blushing up to the ears right now.

"Huh...? W-wait, did I mishear you? You mean, you... love me?"

"I said it clearly. It's not because I don't want you to be with someone else like before. I want to be with you because I love you, Mimori."

"A-again, you love me...! Ugh~..."

"I've been thinking this for a while, but Mimori, you're really vulnerable to surprises aren't you?"

"Haha... Well, I guess."

Blushing, Mimori averted her gaze, looking embarrassed, and then...

She broke into a radiant, innocent smile.

"I feel the same way. Please take care of me, and I love you too, Riku-kun."


Chapter 3 End. As always Epilogue will be read at ePub/PDF format. And the full file might uploaded at August (out of reason) but still, I'll try to improve some parts of it, while also translating other series available in my files.

-Support Me-

https://ko-fi.com/animestuff85370

-Visit my epub-pdf website-

https://animestuff.me/

Join on my Telegram:

https://t.me/animestuff2023

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6: Heading in the Opposite Direction Towards Hope!!

Chapter 1: Reunion 1

Chapter 2: Progress 1